What to Pack for Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp
The most practical items to pack for gorilla trekking adventure are:
- In Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, there are often heavy rain showers, even in the dry season, so a light raincoat will be useful
- Sturdy walking boots with good ankle support and grip are also recommended
- A light shoulder bag or small rucksack to carry your water, raincoat, camera and other essentials
- Strong gloves are of enormous help, as you will be hauling yourself uphill by grabbing the bushes
- During the track, wearing a pair of walking trousers
or gaiters will prevent cuts and scratches
- Carry a water-proof plastic bag to wrap your camera and film or memory cards in.
For the Camp:
- Evening dress is ‘smart casual’, there is no formal wear required
- We advise guests to dress in a way they feel most comfortable
- The altitude at Bwindi is just over a mile high
- Evenings can get chilly, so it is advisable to carry a sweater. For the daytime, light clothes usually
We offer a complimentary overnight laundry service in Sanctuary Gorilla Forest Camp.