Kenya is a country which is home to incredible national parks and endless landscapes of breathtaking beauty. This vibrant country is home to two quintessential Sanctuary Retreats camps. Sanctuary Olonana is located within the Masai Mara and Sanctuary Tambarare is located in the award-winning Ol Pejeta Conservancy. When visiting Kenya you can expect rich biodiverse wildlife and extraordinary natural landmarks at every corner.
With so much going on in Kenya we wanted to take this opportunity to update you on some news, continue reading to stay up to date...
New Activities at Sanctuary Olonana
We are excited to share with you the addition of two incredible new activities at Sanctuary Olonana. With the help of our knowledgeable guides, you can discover the magnificent Masai region on foot during a walking safari. Additionally, you will have the chance to experience the enchantment of a nighttime game drive. Witness nocturnal wonders and discover the allure of the night in Kenya.
New Visa Process
Kenya has changed its visa policies in an effort to increase foreign investment and tourism. The government has removed all visa requirements for foreign nationals visiting Kenya. Kenya's Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) system is now operational. As of January 4, 2024, all visitors entering Kenya, including infants and children, must apply for an ETA online. Nationals of Kenya and partner states of the East African Community are exempt.
Please be advised of the below requirements for ETA applications:
REQUIREMENTS - ALL TRAVELLERS
- Valid passport (6-month validity from the date of arrival in Kenya, with a minimum of one blank page)
- Passport-style photo
- Contact information (home address, email address and phone number)
- Itinerary details
- Accommodation booking confirmation
- Airline booking confirmation
- Credit card, debit card, and Apple Pay for payment of $34 per person
REQUIREMENTS - DEPENDING ON COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE / TRAVEL HISTORY
- Yellow Fever certificate (if arriving from a Yellow Fever endemic country)
- Additional vaccinations’
Other important callouts
- Travellers are eligible to apply for ETAs within 3 months of their arrival date in Kenya.
- Standard processing time for ETAs is three working days and the status of applications can be checked at any time on the ETA website using the ETA reference number.
- Processing up to nine group ETAs on behalf of clients is permitted, but this must be a group travelling on the same flight for the same travel programme.